Ford Maverick ST 2025: The Compact Truck That Packs a Punch – If you’re looking for a compact truck that combines performance, efficiency, and style, check out the Ford Maverick ST 2025. This is the street-oriented variant of the Ford Maverick, the most miniature pickup in Ford’s lineup. The Maverick ST promises to deliver more power, better handling, and a sportier look than the standard Maverick. Here’s what you need to know about this exciting new truck.
What’s New for 2025
The Ford Maverick was introduced in 2023 as a hybrid-only compact truck that offered an impressive fuel economy of 42 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. It also had a spacious cabin, a versatile bed, and a starting price of just $19,995. The Maverick was well-received by critics and customers alike, who praised its affordability, practicality, and innovation.
However, some enthusiasts felt that the Maverick needed more excitement and performance. That’s why Ford decided to create the Maverick ST, a street-performance version of the Maverick that aims to appeal to drivers who want more fun and flair from their trucks. The Maverick ST is expected to debut in 2025 as a new addition to Ford’s ST lineup, which includes the Explorer ST and the Mustang GTD.
The Maverick ST will feature several upgrades over the standard Maverick, such as:
– A 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 277 pound-feet of torque and 250 horsepower. This is the same engine that powers the optional EcoBoost trim of the Maverick. Still, it will likely be tuned to deliver more power and responsiveness for the ST variant.
– A lowered suspension that improves the truck’s handling and stability and gives it a more aggressive stance. The suspension will also be stiffer and sportier than the standard Maverick’s.
– Larger wheels and tires that enhance the grip and traction of the truck, as well as add to its visual appeal. The wheels will also have a unique design that distinguishes them from the standard Maverick’s.
– A dual exhaust system that gives the truck a throatier and louder sound and improves its performance and efficiency. The exhaust tips also have a chrome finish that adds flair to the truck’s rear.
– A more prominent grille that allows more airflow into the engine, keeping it more relaxed and efficient. The grille will also have a honeycomb pattern that matches the other ST models from Ford.
– A spoiler that improves the truck’s aerodynamics and downforce and gives it a sportier look. The spoiler will also have an ST badge that shows off its identity.
Design: Exterior and Interior
The exterior design of the Maverick ST will be based on the standard Maverick but with some tweaks and enhancements that make it stand out from the crowd. The front of the truck will feature a bold grille with an ST logo, LED headlights with daytime running lights, fog lights, and a sculpted bumper. The side of the truck will feature body-colored door handles, black mirror caps, black window trim, and black fender flares. The truck’s rear will feature LED taillights, a tailgate with an integrated handle, a step bumper, and a dual exhaust system.
The interior design of the Maverick ST will also be based on the standard Maverick but with some upgrades and additions that make it more comfortable and sporty. Cloth seats with contrast stitching and ST logos, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a wireless charging pad, a six-speaker sound system, dual-zone automatic climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, a digital instrument cluster with an ST-specific display, and more will all be found inside the cabin.
The Maverick ST will also offer some optional features that can enhance its comfort and convenience, such as:
– A sunroof that lets in more natural light and fresh air into the cabin.
– A leather upholstery package that adds leather seats with heating and cooling functions, a leather-wrapped dashboard, and a leather-wrapped shifter knob.
– A navigation package that adds a built-in navigation system with voice recognition and real-time traffic updates.
The 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which generates 250 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque, will power the Maverick ST’s eight-speed automated gearbox, which can be configured to give power to all four wheels or only the front wheels. To save fuel and reduce pollution, the engine will also have a stop-start technology that turns off the engine while idle.
The Maverick ST will get less fuel efficiency than the normal Maverick, which gets 25 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway: 23 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. However, the Maverick ST will also have a higher towing capacity of 4,000 pounds than the standard Maverick’s 2,000 pounds. The Maverick ST will also have a payload capacity of 1,500 pounds, the same as the classic Maverick’s.
The Maverick ST will also have a sport mode that adjusts the throttle response, transmission shift points, steering feel, and exhaust sound to deliver a more exhilarating driving experience. The sport mode will also display a performance meter on the instrument cluster that shows the engine speed, turbo boost pressure, oil temperature, and g-force.
Release Date and Price
The Maverick ST will be released in late 2024 as a 2025 model year. The official pricing has yet to be announced. Still, it is estimated to start at around $25,000, about $5,000 more than the base price of the standard Maverick. The Maverick ST will compete with compact trucks such as the Hyundai Santa Cruz and the Honda Ridgeline.
The Maverick ST is an excellent option for drivers who want a compact truck with more performance, style, and features than the standard Maverick. It is also a perfect way for Ford to expand its ST lineup and attract more customers looking for fun and affordable vehicles.